Friday, August 28, 2009

Step away from the scissors...

I have two beautiful sons and a wonderful husband, whose hair I have always cut. Snap on a 1" guard, turn on the clippers and away we go.

Not so, with little girls.



A couple of weeks ago, we were at church for our summer Wednesday worship and Elsi wasn't cooperating during the sermon. I took her out for a "timeout" and had her sit on the steps.

I noticed how long her bangs looked (mistake #1). Being the prepared mother I am, I had a scissors in my purse.

Can you see where this is going?

I held her bangs up (mistake #2) and clipped them (mistake #3). When I let them fall back into place, I was more than a little surprised to see how short they were. I guess that was God's way of letting me know I shouldn't be trimming my daughter's hair during Pastor Krug's sermon.

Lord... lesson learned.

No comments: