Saturday, March 7, 2009

Happy 11th Birthday, Isaiah!

My eldest son (on earth:)) celebrated his 11th birthday this past Friday. I cannot believe that he is already 11! He is such a wonderful young man. He is very considerate of other people's feelings, super intelligent and most definitely a man of God. He knows passages in the Bible better than me!

When I found out I was pregnant with Isaiah, I had been through a tragic car accident only months prior in which I lost my first son, Noah, at 5 months into my pregnancy. I was on a blood thinner for a blood clot in my leg and I had to undergo major abdominal surgery. It was after that I found out I was pregnant with Isaiah. My OBGYN told me that there was a plethora of things that could be wrong with him--dwarfism, mental retardation, birth defects, just to name a few. I underwent numerous ultrasounds while I was pregnant with him. Each of them were promising, but yet I was told by my doctor that we wouldn't know until he was born and years later, if everything was truly okay. Steve and I put our trust in God and put Isaiah in His hands. He was born 6 1/2 months later, absolutely perfect. As time went on, we realized just how perfect he was and continues to be:). He is such a wonderful blessing and we are thankful to God for giving us the precious gift of Isaiah. Happy birthday, Sonny:)!



No comments: